10 Reasons to Go Organic
Before we launch into reasons why organic food is better, let’s start with what it is, exactly. Organic food is food that’s produced without employing any chemical methods of production. No chemical fertilizers, no synthetic pesticides, no genetic modifications, no irradiation, no chemical solvents, no bogeymen hiding under the bed. It is all au naturel, just the way God intended it to be. Which is why it costs more than mass-produced chemically treated products, but there are some serious benefits associated with it. Here are the top ten ones!
- Several independent studies have confirmed that organic food has a higher quantity of nutrients as compared to processed food.
- Organic food doesn’t have neurotoxins – toxins that are damaging to brain and nerve cells – while certain processed foods do.
- When we eat genetically engineered food, we’re introducing DNA into our systems that has never been there before. Who knows what the consequences it could have on our bodies?
- No Irradiation. As we all already know by now, radiation can be dangerous. Though fruit zapped with radiation will be free of pathogens, its nutrients will also have depleted rapidly.
- Organic food is good for the planet, as it is part of the planet’s energy cycle and forms a sustainable model. Pesticides etc. are harmful to the environment.
- It tastes better. Seriously. Try it.
- Buying organic food encourages small-scale industries, and gives farmers that still go organic a better standard of living.
- Eating organic meat lessens your exposure to synthetic hormones and anti-biotics that are used in processed meat.
- Organic food protects wildlife that’s affected by the use of pesticides.
- Organic food might reduce your cancer risk, by reducing exposure to certain carcinogenic pesticides.
So basically, by going organic, you’re not only protecting yourself and your family, but you’re also saving the planet. So go organic, because like Captain Planet said, the power is yours!